I am the type of person that loves learning, especially in areas where I feel like I am not up to par! I like to read books, ask people’s opinions, read blogs, and look to my faith. I am a new wife, in a new life season so I feel like there are so many things to learn and grow in. I have been tossing around the idea of starting a blog ever since I did a guest spot on shylebrandi.com and talked about in relationships how hard but beneficial it is to humble myself and be the first to apologize in my marriage.
I feel it’s only appropriate to write about relationships (friends, family and spouses) since relationships are what drive us as people. This is strictly from my life view and things I have gathered around the way! I feel like I need to say take it with whatever size grain of salt you choose!
9 months ago I married the most patient, loving, kind, and wise man in the world. Most often it is me stepping on his toes as I struggle with being impatient, critical, and make decisions fast. He loves me when I feel unlovable, he accepts me when I feel like the biggest failure, and he his quick to forgive my faults. Last night I found myself asking, how can I love him better? I turned to the book His Needs Her Needs – How to Affair Proof your Marriage by Willard Harley. Here is what I found in what most men need:
1) Sexual Fulfillment – this is not that type of blog so let’s move on!
2) Recreational Companionship – he needs me to be his friend and play mate! I have made myself love his hobbies such as video games and certain TV shows
3) A good looking wife – I believe that all women are beautiful on the inside and the outside. Society puts pressure on females to be a certain size and look a certain way. I believe that all husbands should find their wives beautiful no matter what! The book I am referring to explains most husbands appreciate when their wives put in effort by taking good care of the outside.
4) He needs his peace and quiet – again this is something we are ALWAYS working on. My love language is quality time but I married someone who needs an hour or two to himself… Constant learning curve for me to not take it personally! After we take a brief hour pause we always come back better!
5) He needs admiration – finally one I love! I adore my husband and absolutely am proud of all he is. He works hard, he is caring, and he always puts me first! I can’t express how much I love the man he is and the man he is always working to be. I never imagined marriage being this wonderful!
When we were dating I wanted to be the perfect girlfriend, then the perfect fiancé, and now I know there is no such thing as a perfect wife.
I challenge all: never feel like a failure! We live in a technology age where information is at our fingertips. Find resources and girlfriends and I promise you will love that man like he has never experienced. So happy to live and grow with the most amazing women!